Friday, March 12, 2010

Lily Update: Month 4

The fourth month was kind of a roller coaster for me. Near the end of this month when Lily was just about to turn four months old I stopped nursing. I had very much intended to nurse Lily for a year but I started having trouble and after an emotional couple weeks of trying to fix things, I gave in. In the end it really was a good thing. I loved nursing and really really missed it but after a little while I began to realize that I was a lot more relaxed and that was a good thing for us all. Thankfully, Lily didn't seem to mind and I prayed so hard that she wouldn't get sick and that by at least being able to nurse her the first few months her immune system would be strong. And once again, she was our little Champion!

Here are Lily's top 4 for month 4:
  • The Jumparoo - I often found myself wondering what to do with my little 13 week old. Of course I could hold her and love on her for hours but when you are doing that all day everyday, you start to want some other options. We bought Lily the Fisher Price Rainforest Jumparoo and it was such a hit. It was so fun to see her in an upright position learning to push off with her legs and bounce. We love you Jumparoo!

  • Extended nights - During this month Lily dropped her late evening dreamfeed (waking her at 10pm to eat, then right back to bed) so when she went down around 7:30pm she didn't wake up to feed until 7-7:30am! Some nights she'd still wake crying and we would give her the pacifier and she'd go back to sleep. She didn't do it every night and would sometimes go a week or more without doing it. But when she did, we continued to stumble our way up the stairs and put off CIO (cry it out) a little longer. It still just seemed easier to give her the pacifier.

  • Road trip - This month we went on our first over night trip. My friend Kacy was getting married in Lee's Summit, MO and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! I even got to spend the night with the girls the night before. Lily and H stayed at a hotel and Lily did amazing! The trip was very much a success and I was so proud of how well she did!

  • 4 month check-up - At her 4 month well baby appointment Lily weighed 15lbs and was 25 inches long. I believe she was around the 70-80 percentile for both height and weight. I feel horrible for not remembering or writing it down. I do remember it went down a little for the last check-up. Her little head was only in the 25th percentile but was still growing appropriately. She got a great report and we were so thankful she was such a healthly little booger.

Here are some pictures from month 4, weeks 13 through 16:








I love this one. Terrible quality but so cute in her Daddy's shoes!



From batting to serious grabbing!







Oh Lily, my cup runneth over!





0 comments: